November 2nd, 2013 by Sterk Family Law
- Develop a new Estate Plan and Will. Make sure your Powers of Attorney are updated and complete.
- Meet with a Financial Advisor / Planner to develop a strategy.
- Review your divorce decree, child support order or and other legal document that could affect you.
- Understand your employment benefits including stock options, grants and other perks.
- Understand your retirement benefits and how to maximize them.
- Do an insurance checkup-life, health, long-term, umbrellas, home, automobiles, etc.
- Verify your beneficiaries-insurance and retirement.
- Create and live on a budget.
- Start or continue to save.
- Carve out money for fun and charity; don’t be so rigid that life will pass by.
- Create a 5-year plan. Research alternatives and opportunities.
- Plan for retirement.
- Get a handle on college costs. Anticipate and plan for each child.
- Set goals, time limits, life events and expectations.
- Consult an attorney if you contemplate a life change.
« Back To School – Quick Tips For Parents