Post-Decree Matters for Dissolution of Marriage

Commonly known as “post-decree”, litigation after entry of a judgment for dissolution of marriage is sometimes necessary. Such post divorce modification should always be set forth by experienced legal professionals such as those at Gwendolyn J. Sterk and the Family Law Group. Post-Decree matters may range from enforcing terms of a divorce decree to reviewing ongoing obligations such as support for children or a former spouse. Our family law attorneys have experience in successfully attaining post-decree modification in and around Orland Park, IL (DuPage County, Will County, and Cook County).

If a former spouse is not complying with the terms of a divorce decree, steps can be taken to ensure the enforcement of a court order.  Allocation of parental responsibilities, parenting time, child support and spousal support may also be reviewable in certain circumstances and a party to a divorce action needs to know his or her options.

Significant Changes That Require Post-Decree Modification

Specific events in terms of a divorced person’s family life or financial situation can allow for post divorce decree modification. Modification events include:

The need for such litigation arises when a former spouse does not comply with the terms of a divorce decree. Post-decree issues can be related to such things as allocation of parental responsibilities, parenting time, child support, spousal support, property exchange, and college expenses. Together, we can approach the family law court to assure that your divorce terms are being properly enforced and avoid undue burden on you or your children.

To learn more about our Cook County post decree services, Will County post decree services, or DuPage County post decree services, call us at 815-600-8950 or contact us online today.